About 6 months ago I saw this delicious recipe making it’s way through the blogosphere than claimed to be “better than panda.” Naturally, I just HAD to make it, and let me tell you– it did NOT disappoint! Since then I’ve made it several times, and even made a few adaptions to bulk up the vitamin C content and orange flavor! You’ll want to put this recipe to work in your kitchen very soon.
I made the following adaptions to the recipe (although the original recipe tastes great as is):
- Increased OJ to 3 cups (reduce OJ for 20-30 minutes before start following the directions in the recipe)
- Increased oyster sauce to 5 tb
- Added 1.5 tb chicken bone broth
- Omitted honey and used 1/4 cup sugar
- Increased ginger to 1 tb (more for marinating chicken beforehand )
- Increased red pepper flakes to 1 tsp (making it pretty spicy, don’t use this much if you don’t like spice)
- Added 1/4 tsp plum vinegar
Find the original recipe here: Better than Panda Homemade Orange Chicken
Quiz: Are you in nutritional debt?
Get your free customized results!Take the Quiz