Are you a bath lover who is ready to kick up your bathing routine just a little bit? Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) baths are a great way to boost your magnesium levels with transdermal magnesium and assist your body in drawing out toxins. A little word of caution too, magnesium has a relaxing effect, and can sometimes cause drowsiness, so it can be a great addition to a bedtime routine. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a nice block of time to relax…
- 1-4 cups of Epsom salts (like this)
- 1 cup of baking soda (optional)
- 2-6 drops of essential oils (optional, I prefer Lavender for relaxation or Eucalyptus if I am sick)
- If it is your first Epsom salt bath, start with only about 1-2 cups of Epsom salt.
- Increase by ½ cup every week or so, as tolerated, as using too much too quickly can have unpleasant detoxifying effects.
- Soak for about 15-30 minutes a few times a week if possible.
P.S. If baths are not your thing, you may want to try out a magnesium spray.
Photo Credit: Depositphotos.com