Can’t fall or stay sleep? Try these sleep tips below to help you get a restful night of sleep:
- Have a bedtime snack that contains some protein, carbs, fat, calcium, and salt. This will help lower your body’s stress hormones and help your body prepare for sleep. Examples: cheese and fruit, whole milk with honey and salt, or bone broth and fruit.
- Try taking an Epsom salt bath just prior to bed using 2-4 cups of Epsom salt while soaking for 15-20 minutes.
- Avoid taking sleep supplements like melatonin.
- Balance blood sugar throughout the day by eating regular meals throughout the day as needed. Meals should consist of all macro-nutrient groups- protein, carbs & fat.
- If you wake up in the middle of the night (often due to low blood sugar) have a snack bedside. Examples: orange juice with gelatin collagen hydrolysate or sleepy dust are something you may want to try.
- Avoid caffeine-containing stimulants at night like coffee and chocolate.
- Install f.lux on your computer. It will gradually adjust the lighting on your computer depending on the time of day, and can help you avoid bright lights at night.
Photo Credit: Depositphotos.com