Tongue reading is diagnostic tool popular in Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine. It’s used as one of many simple diagnostic techniques to understand what is going on with one’s health (without expensive medical testing)! Walk on over to the closest mirror and take a look!
Do any of these describe what you see?
- Normal: light red/pinkish coloring with a thin white coating
- Puffy: spleen deficiency
- Ridged edge/teeth impressions around the edges: weak digestion, malabsorption
- Cracked tongue: excess heat
- Purple tongue: stagnant blood
- Red tip of tongue: stress
- Pale tongue: blood deficiency
- Thick coating: poor detoxification
Want to learn more? Start at minute 34 in the video below: